Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #23

The video was kind of cool but it was a bit hard for me to catch all of it.  I will admit that I never have completely understood the laws.
For this program, the credits have been posted.  Some of the assignments have been changed along with the content within it, the input of the videos, to work with teachers from different contents in order to explore web 2.0
For me, I will continue to struggle with understanding the laws.  I am more aware of citing source of the information.  I will need to be aware of what I am using and make sure that I share with my students the importance and rules of using CC.  

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the video parody of copyright law is hard to follow. The basic premise was the "in your face" tactic toward Disney. Disney will sue. That is why they chose only clips from Disney movies. It might be easier to follow if the script was included.

    If we as teachers model the citation of our sources, students will come to see it as the norm. It's really easy to provide a basic link or note about where you found the picture or video you are using on your web site, blog, wiki, or PowerPoint but many times teachers do not take the time to do it. Don't worry about the format so much as just doing it.

    ReplyDelete