Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #19

Library Thing catalog

Setting up my catalog was very easy.  I don't have a large selection of books at my house.  I love to read but I, almost always, use the library.  About the only time I buy a book is when I need it for a class that I am taking.  So with that being said, two of the books that I put in my catalog belong to my husband, two are from my classes, and one is for pleasure that I had around the house.  These books were not that popular.  A Beautiful Mind was the most popular with 2176 and surprisingly (haha) my educational books are not that popular.
I do like that there are recommendations that are given for books.  I really love historical fiction to read for pleasure.  Most of the time, I wander through the stacks at the library trying to find books that I think I would like so I believe I would benefit from the recommendations.
It is interesting all the groups and discussions that are on LibraryThing. I have participated in book clubs in the past but found it difficult to maintain meeting attendance.  This use of discussions within a group would be a good way for me to be involved in a group without having to make time in my schedule for a meeting.  There were several discussions that included A Beautiful Mind.   I really like the local page. I saw on it a book signing, Pat Benatar, that I really would like to attend.  I have a framed poster from a 1998 concert in San Francisco that I would love to see if she would sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment