Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing # 22

Nings
I like the concept of social networking sites that are specific in content.  Think about how people could share their ideas without going to conferences or being able to continue the sharing of information with people you met at conferences.
I had never heard of Nings before this course.  It is quite interesting.  I know several teachers use Facebook to have contact for specific clubs or organizations.
My problem is that I am getting into following so many different blogs that I don't know if I would want another thing to follow. (The reader has made it so much easier to follow them!)
A Ning could be used fairly easy in my class.  So many of my topics are review, students could set up a Ning for a topic.  All sorts of information and videos could be compiled and posted regarding the skill and applications of the topic.  A Ning could be used as a private way for my classes to communicate.  A place where students could post successes and challenges and receive input from each other.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You are correct in your thinking that you have to determine which tool will work for each area of your class. What you choose for communication or collaboration is up to you as the teacher because you know what will work best for you and your students.

    ReplyDelete